Autonomous vehicles are not just passenger cars. This technology is used more and more often for works on public transport. And it is the autonomous buses as the first to go on public roads, as next year such machines can be expected in Switzerland.
They will be launched thanks to the startup efforts of BestMile, founded by students of the Swedish Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL), in cooperation with PostBus, one of the largest bus operators in Switzerland and France.
Startup has been working on a new standalone bus for some time now and plans to launch it next year on the Valais, the third largest canton in southern Switzerland, the capital of which is Sion. The first two buses powered by electric motors, capable of carrying up to 9 passengers and within a two-year test period, will start driving there early next year.
- Facebook videos offline - 04/23/2017
- IBM technology will streamline freight forwarding - 04/20/2017
- Americans are testing an autonomous helicopter - 02/24/2017
- Jaguar XE the safest car in the class (according to Euro NCAP) among others. Thanks to active security systems - 02/18/2017
- Lenovo is preparing another yoga tablet model? - 02/14/2017
- Xstat saved his first life - 02/03/2017
- Retina will go to a new series of macbooks? - 01/29/2017
- OnePlus One also mini version? - 01/19/2017
- Increasing profits from streaming music - 01/17/2017
- Apple is focused on the iPhone 6 Plus - 01/07/2017